Sunday, February 26, 2012

Photo Assignment 4: Composition

I decided to take photos in the quad. I also took photos of one of the flower boxes by Mills and the stones by the Physical Science building. I was interested in seeing the shapes the objects were and the colors, textures, and shadows the objects casted. The pillars were lined up in a way so that they all created triangles. I think my photographs help viewers see what interested me because I took a few close-ups and focused on the way the pillars were in relation to each other, color, and texture. 







3 comments:

  1. I love the textures of all your pictures, they are very interesting and in focus. I especially like the texture in the first picture of the pillar. I love the 2nd picture of the leaf; I love the shape it creates compared to the horizontal lines it sits in top of. The color of the 3rd picture is also really nice; the gray of the rock contrasts nicely with the reddish color of the mulch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used balance to your advantage. I think the woodchip photo is especially interesting, because of a more complicated subject; something to look at longer and let your eyes run. The cracks between the rocks form excellent triangles and other linear shapes. The shadow of the twig runs parallell with the twig itself, it also bridges your eye from the rock into the woodchips. The little bit of moisture in the upper left corner. It's a new texture that took me a few minutes to discover. I love the tones and light choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the fourth photograph of the brown seating area in the quad. The angle approach that you decided to take is really interesting. The shadow in the crevice really creates a sense of depth. I also really like how the corner isn't parallel to the picture plain. It makes for a great photo.

    ReplyDelete