Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Photo Assignment 2: Fruit



1. For my first series of photos, I decided I wanted to capture the curves in the apple.
2. For the second series, I focused on lighting and the shadows that this lighting made.

3. I started taking pictures with the orange and wrapped both pieces of fruit in a scarf. I thought it would be interesting to see what they looked like against a patterned, textured fabric.

4. For the last set, I decided to hold a mirror up against the fruit and placed the fruit on the mirror so I could look at the reflections my objects casted. I also played around with lighting and aperture. 


There are a few ways you could draw a viewer's attention to your photos. For example, you could play around with shutter speed to make certain objects look blurry. You could also experiment with how your photo would turn out if it was in color and black and white to see what would make your picture look best. It's good if your photo's composition is strong - that way your viewer's eyes constantly move throughout the photo. Having contrast (color, lines, brightness) can help make things interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Jake Nuccio:

    I really like the last photo from your fruit assignment. The mirror was a really cool element that added a more unique feel then the other photos had. It has a great mesh of the qualities of a good photo. The lighting is interesting and I really like the composition.

    ReplyDelete