Monday, April 16, 2012

Portraits: 60 People

The first picture is a street portrait and the other four are documentary portraits.
I got within 5 or 6 feet of the first guy pictured. I think he knew I was there using my camera, but he probably thought I was taking pictures of things around the pond, not of him. He started to turn around when he heard my camera click at one point. Maybe it was because I wasn't that far behind him. It was a little hard to focus on composition because I wanted to get a good picture, but I also didn't want him to notice me. I wasn't afraid to get close to the girl playing the trombone. At first, she didn't know I was taking pictures of her. I think the girl playing the clarinet knew I was taking pictures because when she came over, she saw me with my camera. The other two guys knew I was taking their pictures. I didn't notice any patterns in their behavior, gestures, or facial expressions. I could convey intimacy by getting close-ups. 






1 comment:

  1. I love the look on the girl's face in your last photograph! It's pictures like this that really make me wish I knew exactly what the subjects were thinking at that moment.

    ReplyDelete